Portfolio Preparation for Art College 16 to 18 Year Olds
The application to Foundation or BA courses can be a challenging process. However, help is at hand! This course is designed to help you prepare your portfolio and get ready for interviews. Regardless of your experience or ability this course will encourage to produce more work, and it will give you advice on portfolio content and presentation.
- A variety of projects to build your portfolio
- Working from the life model and from still life set ups
- Using a range of different media
- One-to-one tutorial
- A guided tour of a gallery to help you get inspired.
Level: All levels
Entry requirements: Students should have a good level of spoken English.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Renata Hegyi is a graduate of Byam Shaw School of Art and Royal Academy Schools, and is now a practising artist and an associate lecturer. She won the St. James Award and Residency in 2003.
Her work has been shown in various curated exhibitions both in the UK and internationally, including the Guildhall Art Gallery, London; National Museum - The Four Dome Pavilion, Wrocław; Konsthallen-Bohusläns Museum, Sweden; Hå Gamle Prestegard, Norway; Sadler's Wells, London; Gimpel Fils, London; Vienna Biennale; Hungarian Cultural Centre, London; Stephen Lawrence Gallery, London; Shine Gallery, London; Hirschl Contemporary Art, London; Armory Photography Art Fair 02, New York. Photographers Gallery, London.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A sketchbook (A4 or A3 size)
- Pencil and pen
During the course, you will also need:
- Water colour paint and masking tape (optional)
- Pencils: 2B, 4B
- Paint brushes: a fine paint brushes (size: 04 and size 8 ) for ink and watercolour paintings ( optional)
- A1 size paper is provided, as well as some other art materials.