Future Creatives - Folkestone - 11 to 17 year olds
This pop-up course is your chance to get stuck in to multidisciplinary classes, enabling the exploration of a wide range of art and design techniques.
No two courses are the same, with our expert teachers delivering new content and fresh new concepts for every single class. Previous classes have covered everything from punk-inspired weaving and portrait painting to zine making and wire sculpture, and there’s plenty more unique sessions in the pipeline. Whatever the project, your Future Creatives course will be wide-ranging, inspiring and dynamic. Learners are free to experiment and create their own unique pieces of work - avoiding the dull cutting-and-sticking and inflexibility of many traditional arts and crafts clubs.
Our teachers, who have been specially selected for their industry experience and expertise. Future Creatives classes provide a supportive environment in which students can explore their creativity, develop their work and build their confidence, all while making new friends. At completion of the course, students will receive a certificate to recognise the skills and techniques they’ve tried out during the classes.
Outcomes of the completion of a Future Creatives course include:
- The development of a range of artistic techniques
- The creation of a high quality multidisciplinary portfolio of work, which might be included in applications for further art & design study
- Expert guidance on your creative practice as well as counsel on the next steps of your creative journey
- A better understanding of the requirements of art qualifications – our classes work towards many of the exam board assessment objectives for art GCSEs
- A new network of likeminded friends
- The development of soft skills like self-discipline and perseverance, and a confidence boost as you develop your abilities.
Who Should Attend
All levels of skill and experience are welcome – from absolute beginners who want to explore their creativity and learn the basics, to seasoned creatives who want to take their work to the next level.