Fine Art for 14 to 17 Year Olds (Online Short Course)
Join our Fine Art short course for 14 – 17 year olds and immerse yourself in fine art as you spend a week working alongside a practising artist. You will explore and experiment with materials as you find new ways of expressing your ideas.
To inspire you, we will at look at the work of modern and contemporary artists’. You will investigate scale and the impact of creating artwork in different sizes and formats.
In the second half of the week, you’ll develop your own fine art project, which you will share with the group at the end of the course.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with expert tutors
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- Access to VLE with course content
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- Artist case studies
- Fine art materials and processes
- Mark making
- Exploring scale
- Idea generation
- Developing a fine art project
At the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of the processes and materials used in fine art. You will have developed your confidence in expressing and visualising your ideas. You will also have an understanding of how to prepare your portfolio, gain drawing skills and understand experimental process.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone aged 14 - 17 years with an interest in art and design. Whether you are considering pursuing further education in art or are just looking for a fun creative experience!
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Ilga Leimanis MA is a London-based artist and writer. She is a member of Five Years, an artist-run gallery, and her own practice is collaborative and interdisciplinary. Her teaching experience of 10 years is varied and extensive. She helps prepare students for degree courses and many of her previous students have gained places at their preferred schools. She also works with professionals looking to develop their communication and creativity skills, as well as people taking courses for personal interest.
Ilga delivers workshops for the University of the Arts (UAL) Academic Support department, working across six UAL art and design colleges. She teaches manual drawing skills for architects and engineers working at leading offices in London, including at Foster+Partners, and she also works internationally.
Ilga is author of three chapters in Creative Sketching Workshop, published by Apple Press (UK), North Light Books (North America) and Tan Yang International (Asia).
Take a look ar Ilga's website
Online short course materials:
Please gather as many of the following items, before the course:
- pens and markers (biros, fineliners, highlighters, etc)
- coloured pencils/ markers / crayons
- pencil sharpener
- A4 cartridge paper x 50 sheets (or sketchbook)
- A3 cartridge paper x 10 sheets (or sketchbook)
- coloured paper
- A4 Cutting mat or thick card for cutting with a knife
- masking tape
- glue stick/glue
- scissors / Craft knife
- magazines / newspapers to cut up (or print outs from the internet)
- set of brushes
- acrylic paint in primary colours Red, Blue, Yellow and White
- watercolours or other water-soluble paint or pencils
- paper for painting
- rags / tissues / pots for water etc.
- paper, card, string, wire, recycling bin contents etc…
Prior to the start of your course, please ensure you have:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.