Screen Printing: An Introduction
Taught in some of the best-maintained facilities in London, this hands-on course will introduce you to the equipment and techniques of screen printing onto paper using water based processes.
Expert tutors will guide you through workshops and demonstrations then give individual feedback so you can learn the fundamental technical skills and develop confidence in your printmaking.
You will be given a project to demonstrate your new skills in screen printing, then you will further develop your understanding of the processes by printing your own two-colour personal project based on your own particular creative goals.
- Creating images for screen
- Coating and exposing your screen
- Setting up the hand bench for printing
- Mixing inks
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand various stencil making techniques and their suitability for assorted effects and imagery
- Coat and expose a screen using photographic emulsion and a vacuum press
- Have confidence in printing and registering for multiple colours on a hand bench
You can see our fabulous screen printing facilities online in one of our Virtual Tours.
Who Should Attend
Artists, designers and illustrators looking to explore new image making skills.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.