Painting for Textile Design for 7 to 10 Year Olds Online Short Course
In this course, we will be exploring textiles through paint and paper, inspired by vintage botanical illustrations and real flowers. We will follow an exciting creative process to explore painting, colour, symmetry, and mark-making, and how these can be used to develop your own textile design.
We will create a series of drawing and paintings on paper, investigating different colour palettes and styles to help achieve balance and variety in our designs. We will look at different ways of drawing and painting with a range of materials to help broaden your boundaries and create individual style. You will learn to think like a designer, using your creations to inform your process and develop your paintings into stylised design. This will be linked to a history of botanical-inspired design, looking at the work of the illustrator Marianne North and designers such as Cath Kidston and House of Hackney.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 7 to 10 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses – one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for ‘someone else’
- Add the booker’s details under ‘Your details’
- And the students details under ‘Delegate 1’
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- A selection of paper in different colours and textures
- Masking tape/washi tape/coloured tape.
- Flower photos or fresh flowers
- Selection of watercolour, acrylic or gouache paint
- Paint brushes in different thicknesses
- Selection of brush pens, inks or coloured pens and biros
Online short course materials
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
In this course, we will be exploring textiles through paint and paper, inspired by vintage botanical illustrations and real flowers. We will follow an exciting creative process to explore painting, colour, symmetry, and markmaking, and how these can be used to develop your own textile design.