Colour Mixing Workshop
This lively three-day workshop is about practical colour mixing for artists and designers.The aim of the course is to develop direct and practical ways of linking working with colour and thinking about colour and colour-mixing. Some standard assumptions and approaches will be questioned and pragmatic and testable working methods will be developed. You should then be able to take away these experiences and apply them freely and with confidence in your own work.
- From the beginning practical work will lead to introductory discussions about some basic principles of colour and colour-mixing.
- Explanations, demonstrations and slide-show examples will be presented at key moments, always keeping hands-on colour work as the main emphasis.
- The course will also examine the quickest route to mixing and matching colour in paint from a limited range of starting pigments.
- Colour-related issues such as contrast and harmony will be part of the practical work.
Who should take this course?
This course could be of use to both beginners and those who are more experienced.
Entry requirements: None.
Level: All levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
David Royle is a practicing artist. You can find out more information about this course and David Royle on his website: http://www.davidroyle.com/colmix.html
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Daler - Rowney designers gouache: process magenta, process yellow and process cyan
- a good range of other gouache colours (any make) including black and white
- mixing palette/plate
- A1 white paper
- watercolour brushes
- kitchen towel
- water jar
- notebook or sketchbook.