Mixed Media Life Drawing
This course is a chance for you to choose the manner in which you create the figure utilising your choice of mediums. Whatever you like to work with, be it pencils, pens, chalks, inks, watercolours, acrylic, or oils, you will be encouraged to experiment and develop innovative new approaches under the guidance of the tutor.
A variety of exercises will be put in place that will specifically relate to your chosen media, with an emphasis on acute observation. You should bring you own materials but if you wish to try new material you will receive expert guidance on their use.
The range of topics covered will depend on students’ individual interests. Typically the course will cover:
- improving your observational drawing skills
- practicing with a number of different dry and wet media
- experimenting with line, tone, texture, scale and composition
- exploring collage techniques
Entry requirements: None, apart from a willingness to experiment!
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Roger Gill is an artist and tutor who works in London and who has exhibited in the UK and Europe. He teaches a number of drawing and painting courses at Central Saint Martins, including courses on life painting, oil painting techniques, portrait drawing and painting and bespoke one-to-one tuition.
To view Roger's work see rogergill.org.uk.
Please bring with you for the first session
- Drawing or painting materials that you like to work with - pencils, pens, chalks, inks, watercolours, acrylic, or oils
- There will also be limited materials provided to enable you to try new media