Life Drawing To Painting
Beginner and intermediate students will explore fundamental skills of life drawing. Students will work from the model using a variety of materials whilst developing a critical and selective approach to observation and powers of perception.
The first half of the course will address 'looking' at the human form, recognising spatial qualities, scale, movement, and weight through a selection and build-up of short to long poses.Students will use dry materials such as charcoal and pencil working towards wet media such as inks and watercolour.
The latter half of the course focuses on painting the model, translating drawing skills to paint with continued concentration on composition, tone, temperature and use of colour. Each student's personal development will be encouraged throughout the course. Acrylic and oil paints may be used.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Julia Colmenares is a practising artist and tutor at further, higher education colleges and short courses. Originally trained as an illustrator (BA Hons )at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco where she worked as a professional illustrator, she went on to complete a painting diploma in France where she lived and exhibited for five years. She completed an MA in Fine Art at Byam Shaw School of Art in 2001 and currently maintains a studio in London where she also holds private classes.
Life Drawing to Painting
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Assortment of pencils; 2B, 4B, 6B, etc.
- Graphite stick or block
- Willow charcoal; medium thick to thick
- A1 or A2 pad of paper; newsprint for quick poses or other inexpensive paper (try DIY shops for wallpaper lining paper roll-about £1).
- Putty Rubber Eraser
- India Ink-small bottle
- Cheap watercolours or select colours; yellow ochre, burnt sienna and black in tubes.
- Assortment of brushes in various sizes(can be new, old, dried up, inexpensive, wooden chopsticks also good.)
- Bulldog clips or masking tape
- Further painting materials may be required as the course progresses.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.