Drawing and Illustration
On this course you will learn how to enhance your illustration and visual communication skills, through a variety of workshops and sessions. You will learn general drawing techniques, mark making and sketchbook practice and other skills that provide a foundation for a variety of design and communication careers and modes of study.
During the week you will be asked to complete several different assignments in various kinds of drawing and visual communication. You will share your work with other students and with your tutor for collaboration and critique.
You will need to bring current sketchbook and personal materials.
This week of learning is best supplemented with Illustration and Visual Communication Part 2, which will continue these practices and culminate in finished work and a final critique.
- Finding your own visual language
- Drawing techniques (Speed, technical, emotional, perspective, spatial etc.)
- Multi media and collage techniques
- Observation and discovery out in London
- Basic Adobe Photoshop composition
- Presentation skills
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Develop confidence and personal styles in drawing
- Use a variety of drawing techniques
- Draw inspiration from a variety of sources
Who Should Attend
Those interested in drawing, visual communication, illustration, spatial design, sketchbook development and techniques used in the design industry for design development.
We also offer bespoke drawing and illustration courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.