Art and Design Workshop in Norwich for 11 to 17 Year Olds
We’ve launched Future Creatives Norwich for kids and teenagers who love art but aren’t getting enough time for creativity in the school timetable or at home. The world needs creativity, but cuts to schools are hitting arts budgets hard. That’s where we come in.
Future Creatives is your chance to get stuck in to a multidisciplinary project, enabling the exploration of a wide range of art & design techniques and the creation of a portfolio of work.
No two courses are the same, with our expert teachers delivering new content and fresh new concepts for every single class. Previous classes have covered everything from punk-inspired weaving and drawing to zine-making and wire sculpture, and there are plenty more unique sessions in the pipeline. Whatever the project, you can rest assured that your Future Creatives course will be wide-ranging, inspiring and dynamic, with learners free to experiment and create their own unique pieces of work - avoiding the dull cutting-and-sticking and inflexibility of many traditional arts and crafts clubs.
Alongside the hands-on learning, our teachers, who have been specially selected by the University for their industry experience and expertise, weave in art theory to contextualise the practical work being undertaken and deepen our learners’ understanding.
Future Creatives classes provide a supportive environment in which students can explore their creativity, develop their work and build their confidence, all while making new friends. At completion of the course, students will receive a certificate to recognise the skills and techniques they’ve tried out during the classes.
- The development of a range of artistic techniques
- The creation of a high-quality multidisciplinary portfolio of work, which might be included in applications for further art & design study
- Expert guidance on your creative practice as well as counsel on the next steps of your creative journey
- A better understanding of the requirements of art qualifications – our classes work towards many of the exam board assessment objectives for art GCSEs
- A new network of likeminded friends
- The development of soft skills like self-discipline and perseverance, and a confidence boost as you develop your abilities.
How to book
- Click add to basket below and follow the steps to create an account and check out.
- If you are an adult booking a place on this course for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses to complete this booking – one for your booking confirmation email and one for the students booking confirmation. In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address to your own, that you have access to.
If you need help with booking please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
MaterialsNo materials are required - the Future Creative team will be providing all materials for the duration of the course.
Meet the Tutor:
For young people aged 11 to 17 who aren't getting enough access to creativity in school. Future Creatives Norwich is a chance to get stuck in to a multidisciplinary project, enabling the exploration of a wide range of art and design techniques.