Video Editing For Artists Weekend
This is an essential beginners course for artists who wish to make video for exhibition, web and film festivals. Students will learn how to work with a variety of footage and assess limitations and possibilities. Students will be instructed on how to use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit, colour correct, animate, use titles and text, mix audio and produce finished files for web and exhibition. The course will be taught with presentations and practical editing workshops.
- Video editing
- audio mixing
- working with text and titles and exporting for web and exhibition
Who should take this course?
Ideal for visual artists working in video.
An understanding of the foundations of editing and best practice of making videos for exhibition. All students receive comprehensive printed notes.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Anita Delaney is a visual artist working mainly in moving image. Her work has been shown at the ICA, London the Whitechapel Gallery, London, The Rotterdam International Film Festival and more. For more information please see:
Please bring on the first day:
- USB stick* for backing up files (minimum 8GB) or cloud storage access
*These can be supplied within the course as well
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’