Portfolio Preparation for Art College 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Course
The application to Foundation or BA courses can be a challenging process. However, help is at hand! This course for teenagers is designed to help you prepare yourself and your portfolio, for the application process. Regardless of your experience or ability this course will encourage to produce more work, and it will give you advice on portfolio content and presentation.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
Summer stays for 16 to 18 year olds
Did you know UAL accommodation is available for short course students during summer? We offer two packages both include accommodation, breakfast, and 24 hour Student Ambassador support.
Add to your experience with a Summer Stays Social Package
Available between 18 July 2022 and ends on 12 August 2022. This package includes an events calendar put on by our Social Programme with daily activities. Find out more.
Accommodation only - available between 30 June 2022 and ends on 27 August 2022.
Short course students also receive a discounted rate when booking. Find out more and book your place.
- A variety of projects to build your portfolio
- Working from the life model and from still life setups
- Using a range of different media
- One-to-one tutorial (optional) - max. 30 mins
- A guided tour to art galleries to help you get inspired
Please bring with you to the first session:
A sketchbook (either A4 or A3 size), pencil and pen.
During the course, you will also need:
Sketchbook (either A3 or A4 )
- Masking tape
- Glue stick
- Multi-surface wipes
- Pencil: 2B or 4B
- Charcoal (willow)
- Watercolour paint - a basic set
- Fine paint brushes for ink and watercolour paintings
A1 size paper is provided, as well as various art materials.
Meet the Tutor:
This course for teenagers is designed to help you prepare yourself and your portfolio for the application process. Regardless of your experience or ability this course will encourage you to produce more work, and give you advice on portfolio content and presentation.