GCSE Art and Design Portfolio for 13 to 16 Year Olds Online Short Course
This online course for 13 to 16 year olds offers support and guidance through working with a subject specialist to create a comprehensive portfolio exploring each of the GCSE Assessment Objectives in order to access the higher assessment criteria.
Gain specialist expertise on how to approach a new brief, respond to a starting theme/stimuli, or explore personal themes for a project. The course covers all aspects of a coherent project with a range of exemplar work for visual aids, from research ideas and support, ideas and development, right through to the final realisation.
Alongside the practical aspect of the sessions, there will be support for critical analysis of personal work and the work of others that will help develop both written and verbal communicational skills when describing artwork and ideas.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 13 to 16 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses – one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for ‘someone else’
- Add the booker’s details under ‘Your details’
- And the students details under ‘Delegate 1’
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Idea development
- Critical and analytical research
- Evaluating your own work
- Effective use of your sketchbook and the recording of ideas
- Explanation of GCSE grade criteria
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Cartridge paper
- Acrylic paints
- Water colour paint
- Fine liners/biros
- Coloured pencils
Online short course materials
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
This online course for 13 to 16 year olds offers support and guidance through working with a subject specialist to create an art portfolio exploring each of the GCSE Assessment Objectives in order to access the higher assessment criteria.