Exploration in Print for 11 to 15 Year Olds Online Short Course
In this course we will spend two sessions considering the ways print is used in different environments. We will also be considering a range of artists and designers and the way they use print in their own work. We will be looking specifically at the British-Nigerian designer Yinka Ilori and creating our own block prints at home, inspired by his striking designs that have been applied to community spaces and Insta-perfect playgrounds.
- A greater understanding of print technique and its applications
- The creation of your own print design and applying it to a specific context
- Click add to basket below and follow the steps to create an account and check out.
- If you are an adult booking a place on this course for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses to complete this booking – one for your booking confirmation email and one for the students booking confirmation. In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address to your own, that you have access to.
- If you need help with booking please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please have the following materials/equipment for the first class:
- Coloured paper to collage (craft or recycled/magazines/newspaper)
- Oil pastels or wax crayons or pencil crayons
- Glue stick
- Plain paper to stick collage/s onto
- Hole puncher if available
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
- Topics covered include the use of print in a variety of design and fine art contexts
- Looking specifically at a number of artists and how they use print
Meet the Tutor:
This online class for 11 to 17 year olds explores various types of print making. Students will be make their own printmaking blocks at home, inspired by successful print makers in the art world.