Develop Your Creativity Online Short Course
This course is designed to ignite and inspire your creativity with 4 weekly highly invigorating doses of drawing, painting, photography and collage . You will be shown key methods to unlock your imagination, practice creative problem solving, and keep your innovative drive going through a series of manageable projects. You'll be encouraged to experiment with unusual materials and methods, explore a wide variety of themes to refine your technical abilities, stimulate your intellect and expand your horizons.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Developed a range of new techniques which will aid your creative flair
- Improved and refined your technical abilities from exercises and feedback
- Learnt how to conduct research that will better your future work and expand your ideas
- Received feedback on your work from your tutor
Who is Develop your Creativity Online Short Course for?
This course is perfect for those who want to fulfil their creative potential whilst juggling the demands of a busy working, social and family life. You're welcome to join us, whether you have previous Art and Design experience, you've grown fearful of the sketchbook, or you're curious to ignite that creative spark from scratch, this course makes art part of your everyday enjoyment.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
Please ensure that you have the following materials to hand:
- A range of drawing pencils (ideally including 2H, H, B, 2B, 4B.)1 black pen or biro1 Sketchbook, A3 size.
- 1 Sketchbook, A5 or A6 size. Acrylic paint in the following colours: Cadmium Yellow, Alizarin (or Crimson) Red, Ultramarine Blue.
- 2 Synthetic brushes.
- 1 Palette with wells. NOTE: Do not buy a flat palette.
- 3 Sheets of A3 paper suitable for Acrylic Paint.
- 5 or more Felt Tip pens OR Colouring Pencils. Assorted Colours.
- 2x Sheets of Tracing Paper, 1 Pair of Scissors, PVA glue. Any extra dry drawing materials. NOTE: Any drawing equipment you find at home or at work will be suitable for our projects. Collect as many as possible for use on this course. This includes crayons, highlighter pens, marker pens, etc. If you own or can borrow any art materials e.g charcoal, pastels, etc, they will be fine too.
- Any kind of camera, to use in your research. Camera phone, iPhone, etc will be perfect. NOTE: if you don't have a phone with a camera function, you could use: 1.A digital camera, if you already own one, but there's no need to buy a new one for this course. A disposable, polaroid, or analogue camera.
- If you have a scanner and/or a printer, they will be very useful on this course.
- Enhance your drawing
- Line work, eclipses, textures and shadows
- Drawing into painting: mark-making with the brush, layering and tonality
- Colour and material collection and colour theory
- Conducting research and souring inspiration
- Secrets of Art History
- Visual literacy: composition and narrative
- Visual Communication: the Text Effect
- Collage as a Creative Tool: texture, colour and context
- How to review your work and the work of others
Meet the Tutor:
This online short course is designed to ignite and inspire your creativity with 4 weekly highly invigorating doses of drawing, painting, photography and collage.