Creative Portraits for 7 to 10 Year Olds Online Short Course
In this course we will spend three sessions experimenting with drawing and cut and paste collage using images from magazines, newspapers, coloured paper, old envelopes and a paper bag to create different versions of ourselves through collage and drawing. There will be a series of playful exercises to help you learn about line, composition, juxtaposition and layering. You will creatively explore your identity, creating both real and imagined portraits of yourself and your family
We will look to artists Pablo Picasso, Hannah Hoch, John Stezaker and Ivan Chermayeff to get inspiration for your own series of creative portraits.
- The creation of a series of your own collage portraits
- A deeper understanding of collage in a fine art context
- How to use line and composition
- Learn how artists have used self-portraits to explore their identity
Who should attend
Anyone aged 7 to 10 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, so you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- A3 white cartridge paper
- A4 pack of coloured paper
- Felt tips/markers
- Pritt stick glue
- Used or new envelopes (any size)
- A large paper bag / paper packaging bag / gift bag ( white, brown, colour or patterned )
- Cut up cardboard box
The tech requirements:
- A computer (PC or Mac) with an up-to-date operating system
- Webcam and microphone
- An up-to-date version of Chrome browser installed on your computer
Meet the Tutor:
In this course we will spend three sessions experimenting with drawing and cut and paste collage using images from magazines, newspapers, coloured paper, old envelopes and a paper bag to create different versions of ourselves through collage and drawing.