Creating A Project Portfolio for 16 to 18 Year Olds
Strong researchers make strong designers and this course offers a step-by-step guide through a project, from initial inspiration to final outcome. Be it fashion, textiles, 3D design, painting or any other design discipline, this course will help you establish yourself with a personal and inspiring formula for creative research with the aim of leading you to a great final outcome. The course strongly emphasizes the importance of credible research in every project in your portfolio.
By the end of the course you should have a full body of work with designs. This will hopefully be the beginning of a continuing process of development of your portfolio. You will have created a full and exciting sketchpad, including illustrations, collages and 3D design mock-ups for future expansion.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed to help students understand how to work on a creative project, and will be particularly useful to those planning on studying at Foundation or BA level.
Please bring to the first session:
- Sketchpad or loose sheets of paper (x 24) no smaller than A3
- Pens/Inks/Pencils/Paints and any other drawing equipment/tools desired.
- Camera (if possible)
- Please allow a maximum of £40 to purchase other materials during the course (e.g. photocopies and photographic prints).
- You will be asked to research your surroundings by photographing, drawing and making collage.
- You will be encouraged to turn that research into wonderful ideas and concepts towards the creation of outstanding fashion collections, products and works of art.
- All your ideas and findings will be narrowed down and clear threads will start to emerge. This will establish the direction that your project will take.
- With the aid of one-to-one advice and group tutorials, you will really examine and push your work to maximize results.
- We will visit some of London's most magnificent, bizarre and exciting museums, galleries and curiosities.
- You will hear from industry researchers who work for some of the biggest creative companies.
- We will get the opportunity to explore professional portfolios to consider different ways of getting your research into your sketchpad or presentation of choice.
Meet the Tutor:
This course for teenagers guides students through a project, from inspiration to final outcome. Be it fashion, textiles, 3D design, painting or any other design discipline, it will help establish a personal and inspiring formula for creative research.