Collage and Contextual Studies
In the art and design world, great importance is placed on the ability to generate interesting visual ideas. In this course, you will explore collage as a practical, creative, method-making medium for generating ideas.
You will experience collage as a tool for thinking, as a means for articulating form, as inspiration for transferring your ideas to your art practice, and be encouraged to push visual boundaries.
The potential of collage will be explored as a versatile means of creating imagery, as a process of layering and juxtaposition that uses fragments of other media such as painting, printmaking, photography and text, among others.
- Practical collage making method
- Creative thinking
- Articulation of form
- Experimental collage
- Relevance of collage in popular culture
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the themes, ideas and practices associated with collage
- Demonstrate the technical processes of collage in works of your own personal style
- Select reproduction techniques and exploit these forms effectively
- Create a sketchbook andvisual diary as a record of your research, idea generation and creative solutions
Who Should Attend
Those looking to enrich their art practice. You do not need any previous experience in this area, only an enthusiasm and an open mind in the creative methods of collage artists.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may be interested in Creative Bookbinding: Traditional and Contemporary or Screen Printing: An Introduction.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.