Adobe Photoshop For Artists Weekend
A knowledge of Photoshop has become essential software for all visual artists. This course is specifically aimed at those who want to use the work to extend and develop their practice. This can range from intervention/development of individual images to speculative visualisations for commission proposals.
Students will be asked to bring in their own materials to work from as this will allow more student-centred learning. The tutor will also take into account the needs and interests of the student group and each course will be adapted accordingly.
This course differs from many software courses in that the tutor is a fine artist who also works freelance in the print industry, teaches on an MA in Fine Art, and assists and facilitates artists on specific projects. This means that a different emphasis is given to learning, and topics covered can change depending on the needs of the group
- How to work with layers, correct/modify colour, retouching of existing image/modification of images and creation of collaged speculative images
- How to maintain quality of images and making complex selections
- Working with vectors within Photoshop
Who should take this course?
Students attending this course need to have basic computer skills, e.g know how to use email, basic knowledge of how to save.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Suky Best is a fine artist who works with print, video and animation. She uses digital technology to extend and develop her work. She works freelance in the print industry and has a wide knowledge of software and its industrial application. For examples of her artistic practice, www.sukybest.com
Please bring the following to the first session:
- Lots of images to work with, digital or works on paper to be scanned
- USB storage
- Notepad and pen
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’