Creative Screenprinting and Bookbinding
Apply your creative skills in LCC's extensive screen printing and book binding studios to create original and inspired book arts. During this workshop you will learn how to experiment in screen-printing with stencils and an open window. The prints, together with other materials will then be used to create a variety of book structures. Each book will be unique and reflect your creativity.
- Introduction and Health and Safety
- Using the screen print as a canvas: using stencils, and as an open window
- Creating book structures: a hard-cover case binding, and an open spine binding
- Individual project
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand various stencil making techniques and their suitability for different effects
- Create a range of book structures using a range of stitching techniques
- Use your own imagery to create beautiful and unique books
Who Should Attend
This course has been created for artists and designers who wish to create unique, handmade gifts and limited edition books.
Beginner. You do not need any prior experience to join this course.
Follow On Courses
Once you have completed this course you may wish to join Experimental Screen Printing or Graphic Design Portfolio.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.