Introduction to Styling (16-18 Year Olds)
The role of a fashion stylist plays a pivotal part of the fashion industry. On this course you will learn then tricks of the trade of a successful fashion stylist, how to start a career in styling and deliver high quality work. Included in this three day course is a photoshoot with a professional photographer where you have the opportunity to style yourself and develop your new skills.
- Background history of stylists and contextualisation of their role.
- The roles of a stylist today
- In-depth look at Commercial Styling
- How to interpret a style brief
- Topshop App styling exercise.
- In-depth explanation of Editorial Styling and the Network surrounding them, especially Fashion PRs.
- Pathways into styling
- Sourcing research
- Outfits for the photoshoot.
- Photoshoot with a professional photographer where you style yourselves.
You'll leave the course with your images on disc.Level:
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- To bring on day two - A fashion magazine with a shoot inside that you love - old or new A festival inspired outfit / utilising your wardrobes / friends wardrobes / class mates wardrobes / families wardrobes / anywhere else to put together a physical outfit that also fits this brief.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.