Principles Of Personal Fashion Styling 2
This personal fashion styling course is a follow-on from 'Principles of Fashion Styling 1', will build on your ability to successfully interpret current trends to create appropriate 'looks', to suit the personality and lifestyle of your client. You will further explore how to use fashion colours and increase your confidence when selecting clothing and accessories, to meet your clients needs.
The course includes:
- Extending colour palettes
- Customising colour combinations and interpreting trends
- Introducing personality styling - creating unique styles for your client
- The capsule concept - how to make 100 outfits from 16 garments, e.g.holiday wardrobes
- The art of accessorizing to change the look - office to evening
- Product specifics - lingerie, swimwear, gemstones and diamonds, sunglasses, hats
- Weddings - how to style a wedding in 10 steps
- Making a lookbook for a client
- Future trends
Intermediate. You should have completed the beginners level course or have equivalent experience.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Polly Holman has been a practicing image consultant for over 25 years and has lectured in personal fashion styling at London College of Fashion for over 10 years. A regular source for image and style for the media, her courses have global appeal, attracting students from China to Brazil. In addition, she's the managing director of an image consultancy specialising in professional presentation and communication skills. Her vast experience of the image industry has enabled her to deliver training programmes worldwide to assist people to achieve a greater level of personal success and confidence. She is a Fellow, Life member and past President of the Federation of Image Consultants. She is the co-author of the professional qualification for the Image Profession and author and manager of their Quality Assurance system.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment:
- Laptop or tablet with Keynote installed
- Notebook and pen