Fashion Styling for 16 to 18 Year Olds Weekend
A fast-paced weekend course dedicated to styling for fashion.
Creative Styling and Image Making are the key visual tools driving the fashion world today. From magazine shoots, catwalk presentation, installations, fashion films and look books designers and photographers work with stylists to create strong relevant fashion images, looks and statements. This course will introduce you to styling, examining contemporary magazine shoots, and genres of fashion imaging, and introduce you to further study ( Fashion Communication, Promotion and related areas) and career options as stylist or creative director.
This will be an introduction to the skills and techniques used by the degree students at Central Saint Martins. The process will be an excellent introduction to the kind of work needed for a successful portfolio and give students a taste of studying fashion.
- Working to a brief, you will research, source garments and put together a contemporary visual fashion
- You will document and photograph your work for presentation, on location and within CSM studio
- Team working, creativity and originality will be encouraged through a variety of assignments inside the studio and on
- Advice will be given on portfolio preparation for further study at FE foundation and BA Hons degree level.
Who should take this course?
- Students interested in exploring and developing personal creativity
- Students interested in studying at Central Saint Martins at FE or HE level
- Students interested in learning about fashion
- Those looking to build a portfolio for further study
- Students interested in pursuing a career in fashion
Entry requirements: An interest in the creative arts and fashion
This course is on Instagram
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Christopher Kelly is a London based fashion designer with a traditional and considered approach to men’s/unisex design. Christopher has a diverse background in design; his experience in art direction, set design and prop making gives him a true understanding of the design process from concept to construction.
Christopher teaches at Central Saint Martins on the Fashion foundation course alongside his design career. “My role as associate lecturer at CSM is a great compliment to my design career and I find that both worlds feed into each other allowing for a rich and invigorating tapestry to be woven” His new fashion collection OUTFIT is an ever-evolving collection of garments, which make a complete head to toe look including garment, accessory and millenary design.
Christopher’s work is sold internationally and receives great success most prominently in London, Japan and China. His set and prop design also receives great international acclaim and to date his giant polar bear marionette ‘Aurora’ continues to tour the world bringing awareness to the planets climate changes for international charity Greenpeace.