Bite sized Fashion Styling and Creative Direction Online Short Course
Join us on this taster Bite-sized Fashion Styling and Creative Direction course and gain an insight into the workings of the Fashion Media. Book onto our Fashion Styling and Creative Direction course within 3 months of Bite Size and receive the Bite Size course fee back.
In this taster session editor and tutor John William will introduce you to commissions, submissions and test shoots, explaining how magazines (print and digital) choose what work to publish, and how to start working with editors. You will also be taken through the first steps of a shoot: responding to an editorial brief. The session will also explore the similarities and differences when working with a client on a commercial project.
Delivered by one of our professional and experienced tutors, this is a great introduction to the world of styling and creative direction for fashion. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and leave with a fresh understanding of how the fashion media operates, and a greater awareness of your potential as a future fashion stylist or creative director.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- However we always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are a great addition to your CV.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes as our face to face courses
- Lesson recordings, for review, so you never have to miss a class
- Access to the virtual learning environment with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access to the recordings of the live classroom sessions
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Your tutor will outline the course agenda in detail on day one of your course.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
Meet the Tutor:
Join us on this Bite-sized Fashion Styling and Creative Direction course and gain an insight into the workings of the Fashion Media.