Fashion Patternmaking for 16 to 18 Year Olds
This course is tailored to meet the needs of young novices who want to learn and practise the art of patternmaking for fashion studies. Tutor-led demonstrations will provide the starting point from which you will practise and develop your skills and aesthetic values. With this understanding and knowledge in place, you will be able to draw on these skills as the starting point to further develop the art of patternmaking to realise your three dimensional designs.
- The course content will cover the basic rules of cutting various garment components such as bodice dart manipulation, simple sleeves and skirts.
- It will also include various style lines and adding fullness through gathers and pleats.
- You will be taught how to use specialist equipment, pattern terminology, and the correct written and drawn information that should be on the patterns.
This course will be a good, informative preparation for those who intend to take their studies further.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Louis Loizou is a Senior Lecturer on the BA Fashion course at Central Saint Martins and works as a toilist/patternmaker.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Metric Graders Set Square or Pattern Master
- Paper Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Tracing Wheel
- Masking Tape or Glue Stick
Please note that all items can be purchased from Morplan or the College Shop
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.