Haute Couture Embroidery - Part 4 & 5
Once you have progressed to this level of Haute Couture embroidery, you will have already mastered the basics and be ready to take your practice to an exceptional level. You will work on a floral embroidery project inspired by Marie Antoinette, which will give you an opportunity to develop and enhance your embroidery skills further.
- Working on opaque golden linen to create four different flowers
- Sewing jewels (specific beads) and Swarovski beads
- Working with different weights of metallic cord
- Combining different needlework techniques mixing Haute Couture and Traditional Embroidery to “paint with the needle”
- Creating petals by preparing and cutting before sewing the reapplying to create 3D floral sculptures
- Understanding the different attributes of your material to ensure you make the right choice depending on your desired outcome
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of haute couture embroidery and what materials and techniques are required depending on your project.
You will leave with flowers in four different styles which can be added to your portfolio.
Course level and entry requirements
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Elisabeth Roulleau went to the Lesage School in Paris where she studied haute couture and decorative embroidery. She is a teacher in France where she has her own atelier, and she has worked for the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Lyon, Mulhouse, Esmod International, Parsons School of Design and Institut Français de la Mode. She has created several embroideries for Dior, Chanel and Azzaro, and she was invited by Hermès to make prototypes for the famous Carré de Soie. www.elisabethroulleau.com/english.php
Please bring with you to the first session:
- The frame
- The hook “Crochet de Luneville” (You will have this from the previous course)
- The “tirettes” or serge pins (You will have this from the previous course)
- Paper and pencil for taking notes
All other course materials will be provided
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.