Embroidery, Embellishment and Applique Workshop
This embroidery course provides an introduction to decorative techniques for textiles. You will experiment with applique techniques, using layers of fabric cut away to create patterns and motifs. These skills will be applied to create a small bag based on your own design. You will explore embroidery and embellishment techniques to create a body of samples, including hand embroidery, beading and mirror work which you will use to adorn your appliqued bag.
- Traditional techniques and examples of textiles from around the world
- A variety of applique techniques
- Hand embroidery stitches using stranded cotton and perle threads
- Embellishment techniques, including mirror work and beading
- A visit to the Wallace Collection or V&A for research and design inspiration
Level: All Levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.