Patternmaking - Level 1
In this beginners course you will learn the art of patternmaking from the experts at Central Saint Martins. You will practice how to use specialist equipment, pattern terminology and how to draw with accuracy and confidence the correct information that should be on finished patterns.
- Tutor-led demonstrations will provide the starting point from which you will practice and develop your skills and aesthetic values.
- You will then be able to draw on the technical skills that you learned to practice and improve your ability and realise your three dimensional designs.
- Working from size 10 fashion blocks, you will learn the basic rules of creating various garment components.
- You will work on bodice dart manipulations, simple sleeves and skirts.
- We will explore various design style lines.
- How to add fullness through gathers and pleats will also be covered.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Louis Loizou is a Senior Lecturer on the BA Fashion course at Central Saint Martins and works as a toilist/patternmaker.
Maddalena Amato has been an Associate Lecturer for 16 years, working at Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion, University of the Creative Arts and University of West London.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Graders Set Square or Pattern Master
- Paper Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Tracing Wheel
- Pattern awl
- Masking Tape or Glue Stick
- All items can be purchased from Morplan or the College Shop.