Made To Measure Womenswear - the bodice and sleeve
This course focuses on fitting relatively complex and intricate shapes, such as addressing the way dart proportions sit on an individuals body shape, techniques for fitting sleeves, looking at different necklines and making decisions on suitable finishes for your garment.
- Once a good fit is obtained you will be able to consider other designs and adaptations to create styles of your choice.
- You will develop a range of problem solving techniques to benefit from a good fit and also identify what would look flattering on an individuals' body shape.
- We will look at a range of different necklines and addressing problem areas such as fitting sleeves.
Students will leave the course with a finished fitted top or blouse and a sleeve design.
Level and entry requirements: Although this course is suitable for beginners, it is advisable that you do our other Made to Measure Womenswear course (the skirt and trousers) first, in order to get the maximum benefit.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Maria Demetriou has worked at The North London Arts for ten years, teaching mainly pattern cutting and garment construction. She also specialises in designing and producing bridal/eveningwear for individual clients. Since 1994 Maria has provided an on-going technical consultation service to BA Fashion students from a range of universities.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Paper scissors
- Fabric shears
- Tracing wheel
- Pattern master or set square
- Pritt stick
- Metric tape measure
- Tailors chalk
- Black and white thread for tacking
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.