Made To Measure Womenswear Short Course
This course focuses on fitting relatively complex and intricate shapes, such as addressing the way dart proportions sit on an individuals body shape, techniques for fitting sleeves, looking at different necklines and making decisions on suitable finishes for your garment.
- Once a good fit is obtained you will be able to consider other designs and adaptations to create styles of your choice.
- You will develop a range of problem solving techniques to benefit from a good fit and also identify what would look flattering on an individuals' body shape.
- We will look at a range of different necklines and addressing problem areas such as fitting sleeves.
Students will leave the course with a finished fitted top or blouse and a sleeve design.
Level and entry requirements: Although this course is suitable for beginners, it is advisable that you do our other Made to Measure Womenswear course (the skirt and trousers) first, in order to get the maximum benefit.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Maria Demetriou began her career in the fashion industry as a sample cutter, illustrator, pattern cutter and designer, working for commercial labels. Following this she worked in production for the high-end market. In 1998 she started working as a technician and fashion tutor. She has now been teaching for the last seventeen years and currently delivers private tuition and small workshops at the londonfashion.coop In addition to this she also worked as an exclusive dressmaker in bridal and evening wear.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Paper scissors
- Fabric shears
- Tracing wheel
- Pattern master or set square
- Pritt stick
- Metric tape measure
- Tailors chalk
- Black and white thread for tacking
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.