Fashion Patternmaking for 16 to 18 Year Olds
This course is tailored to meet the needs of young novices who want to learn and practise the art of patternmaking for fashion studies. Tutor-led demonstrations will provide the starting point from which you will practise and develop your skills and aesthetic values. With this understanding and knowledge in place, you will be able to draw on these skills as the starting point to further develop the art of patternmaking to realise your three dimensional designs.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Metric Graders Set Square or Pattern Master
- Paper Scissors
- Tape Measure
- Tracing Wheel
- Masking Tape or Glue Stick
- The course content will cover the basic rules of cutting various garment components such as bodice dart manipulation, simple sleeves and skirts.
- It will also include various style lines and adding fullness through gathers and pleats.
- You will be taught how to use specialist equipment, pattern terminology, and the correct written and drawn information that should be on the patterns.
Meet the Tutor:
Learn and practise the art of patternmaking in this fashion course for teenagers. Tutor-led demonstrations will provide a starting point, leading you to develop the art of patternmaking to realise your three dimensional designs.