Structured Bra Making
This course will simplify the mystery of bra making, as you learn how to accurately cut out and construct a series of structured bras.
The garments will include: a non-wired full cup bra, an under-wired padded bra and a non-padded darted bra. You will assemble and take home three different styles of bra, all in size 34The tutor will also demonstrate how to deconstruct and take a pattern from a bra, so you can create your own size pattern at home. You will be using industrial machines on the course, but the techniques you learn will be transferable to domestic sewing machines at home. Materials will be included, but a list of specialist suppliers will be provided, so you can source your own fabrics and trims for future development.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- 28mm blade Rotary cutter with retractable blade- Olfa or Fiscars
- Paper shears
- Air-erasable fabric marker pen
- Fine pins
- Stitch un-picker
- Metric tape measure
- Notepad & pen
- Introduction to lingerie fabrics and components
- Importance of seam types, grain and stretch of fabrics
- Different parts of a bra
- Introduction to specialist industrial machines, and achieving similar effects at home
- Correct cutting out methods for lingerie fabrics using rotary cutters.
- Methods of the technical construction of bras
Please note that all bras patterns will be constructed in size 34This course does not include grading patterns to different sizes.
Meet the Tutor:
Simplify the mystery of bra making on this Structured Bra Making course! Learn how to accurately cut out and construct a series of structured bras.