Fashion Sketchbook for 16 to 18 Year Olds (Online Short Course)
In this intensive, one-week online course for beginners, you will explore different ways of creating a personal fashion design sketchbook. It will be a chance for you to unlock your creative mind and get your ideas out of your head and onto paper. The course is a vehicle for you to challenge your ideas about fashion. You will collect, record and process inspiration, try out ideas, explore success and failure, and be encouraged to take risks.
For more information on Online Short Courses please see the below information.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with expert tutors
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- Access to VLE with course content
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
- How to explore an abstract concept visually
- How to source, create and process visual research for inspiration
- Developing and presenting your fashion ideas
- Exploring various techniques and media in order to explore different types of drawing and presentation
Overview of Activites
- Basic Illustration Class about the Fashion Figure, Face and Garment
- Demonstration of different sketchbook techniques such as collage, montage and multi-media illustration
- Introduction into 3D work
- Developing ideas through sketches
- Presenting final ideas as Line-Up and Fashion Illustration
- You will end up with your own sketchbook filled with designs and ideas for your personal fashion collection
- You will learn how to use different methods and materials in order to build an effective fashion sketchbook
- You should gain a better understanding of how designers use research in order to feed their imagination and develop their designs.
Who should take this course?
- Teenagers interested in studying fashion design or illustration
- Those keen to learn more about Central Saint Martin's approach to fashion design.
- Students wanting to create and/or improve a fashion sketchbook/portfolio.
Entry requirement: Basic understanding of spoken English is needed.
Level: The course is suitable for beginners as well as those already studying Fashion.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old onlyPlease note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Eva Neuburger is a fashion, print and textile designer, illustrator and brand consultant. She has worked with labels such as Mimi Wade, Rene Scheibenbauer, Manon Malan and Awareness and Consciousness in both London and Vienna. Eva has a BA Fashion Print from Central Saint Martins. She is currently working on a sustainable fashion label as well as teaching on the Fashion Folio course at CSM.
Please have ready for your first session:
- Colour printer or access to printing and scanning facilities
- A3 paper/ A3 sketchbook
- A4 paper/A4 sketchbook
- A5 sketchbook
- A4 Folder
- a selection of drawing pencils F, H, HB, 1B 2B (and also mechanical pencils)
- coloured pencils (water soluble or normal ones)
- 1 rubber, pencil sharpener
- Pair of scissors, 1 scalpel & cutting mat
- any other cheap drawing materials that you like to use
- A3 tracing paper pad
- masking tape
- watercolour paint, gouache, or any other of your favourite water-based paint such as acrylic paint or poster paint
- pastels or chalks
- pritt stick
- plastic water pot (for watercolours)
- mini stand (fashion stand or wooden drawing doll), barbie doll or stuffed toy with human-like features
- A3 or bigger layout or pattern cutting paper
- A3 or bigger fabric scraps in different textures (soft, stiff, silky, flowy, paper-like, leather, furs, transparent, nets etc.)
- old copies of fashion magazines for cutting up
- any fashion images or books that you find interesting and relevant to you
Prior to the start of your course, please ensure you have:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection, we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.