Fashion Design (16-18 Year Olds)
This inspirational and practical fashion design course will immerse you in the world of the fashion designer and will help you understand how they undertake the fashion design process. You will be taught all about the fashion design process from research through to drawing, figure work, design and collage.
The course includes:
- Design research
- Colour and textile trends
- Basic drawing skills
- Life drawing using collage and mixed media
- Fashion illustration techniques
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- A3 layout pad
- A camera (mobile phone cameras are acceptable)
- Paint brushes
- Pritt Stick
- Paints (water colour, gouache and/or acrylic)
- A bottle of black ink
- Magazines (fashion related or other subjects)
- A2 folio or folder to carry work home (we can make a folio from two pieces of card if required)