Portfolio Preparation For Foundation - Fashion And Textiles
Are you applying for a place in a Foundation course? Do you wish to develop a fashion or textiles portfolio? Do you need personal advice from a tutor who understands the application process? Regardless of whether you are beginner or have some previous knowledge, this course is an excellent place to begin.
This is an opportunity to sample Foundation level standards with the guidance from an expert tutor. You will build a strong a portfolio whist following the areas that interest you the most.
- You will carry out a variety of projects related to fashion design, research, illustration
- Project will also cover basic draping and textile design.
- You will produce a body of work for your portfolio during class time
- We will look at fashion and textiles with a broad and experimental approach.
- Your tutor will help you improve your technical skills along with developing your creativity.
- This course is for students aged 18 years and over. Students aged 16 and 17 years old can find a similar course by visiting our courses for teenagers section of the website.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Patricia Williams is a freelance fashion creative. Graduating from Central St. Martins in 2008, she has gone on to forge a career for herself within the fashion industry. As a stylist her clients include Adidas, Bally, Duffer Of St. George, Nike & Onitsuka Tiger, to name a few; as well as consulting for Brooke Roberts & Joseph Turvey. She regularly contributes to Acclaim, Boys by Girls, Hunger TV, i-D & USED. Her first feature film as costume designer is due for general release in the winter of 2013. "Powder Room" is the directorial debut from MJ Delaney, starring Sheridan Smith, Jamie Winstone, Kate Nash & Oona Chaplin, produced by Damian Jones. Patricia is also an associate lecturer on the Foundation at Central St. Martins. Fpr further information, please visit www.pc-williams.com
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A3 drawing paper (loose cartridge paper, minimum thickness 140g).
- Drawing equipment (2B pencil, sharpener, black marker pen (thick), black felt-tip pens, coloured inks, colour pencils/pastels)
- Masking tape
- Scissors (for fabric and paper)