Menswear Design Portfolio Weekend
If you want to focus on menswear design in your future studies or as part of your fashion career strategy, this is the course for you. Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate learner, it will guide you through key aspects of the creative design process.
The course will boost both your conceptual and practical abilities and you'll get an insight on how to take them to the next level.
You should will leave the course with the confidence to work independently and the ability to plan how your portfolio will be presented for applications and interviews.
- Doing and using good design research
- Designing and sketching skills
- Developing an eye for mood and colour
- Understanding fabrics and their use
- How to design a balanced collection
- Using illustration and technical drawing techniques to convey your ideas
Who should take this course?
- Students thinking of applying for further studies in menswear at either BA or MA level.
- Anyone wanting to develop their menswear design skills in order to create or boost a portfolio.
- Beginners are also welcome but it would be helpful if they have an idea about the direction to which they want to take their design.
Entry requirements: You should have some basic experience in fashion design through work, previous study, or personal interest.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.
Please bring to the first session:
- previous portfolio/design work
- interesting visual research
- magazines, old/new/your own photos , books, photocopies, garments with interesting details, fabrics anything you find visually interesting and would like to discuss