Fashion Portfolio: Design and Development
Your portfolio is the ticket to your future, so it needs to be right. It must play to your strengths, demonstrating the skills and knowledge you've built. We'll show you how to refine and strengthen the visual impact of your existing work, and make sure your portfolio does you justice.
The course will include:
- A review of your current portfolio - from drawings or paintings to garment photos or projects
- Presentation of layout style and formats
- Presentation development project
- Use of mixed media, and how to broaden the scope of your portfolio
- Storytelling - development of a visual narrative to enhance the impact of your work
Beginners/intermediate. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Kathy Coleman is a womenswear fashion design graduate of London College of Fashion. Having worked in various sectors of the fashion industry, namely trend forecasting, fashion marketing, makeup artistry, social media consultancy for a variety of fashion and jewellery brands, Kathy now tutors on a number of short courses at London College of Fashion and works for LCF in the enhancement of the short course programme offer.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- An existing portfolio work
- A range of pencils, markers, adhesive, double sided tape etc.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.