Fashion Illustration for 11 to 15 year olds Online Short Course
The Fashion environment is fast-paced and ever-changing; we are surrounded by catwalk images and new designers that catch our eye. Fashion illustrations are a way to communicate and advertise fashion ranges, but are also pieces of art in themselves. There are so many different styles of fashion illustration, both hand drawn and digital, how can we make our illustrations personal to our individual style?
You will learn how to form your own style through creative experimentation using different mediums like ink, collage and watercolour. You will follow an exciting creative process to explore colour, textiles, painting and mark-making. How do we loosen up to worry less about perfection, and embrace the happy accidents that make illustrations unique? How do you achieve a sense of movement in your illustrations? We will also be looking at patterns on textiles, and how to portray those in a vibrant way.
We will be inspired by illustrators such as David Downton, Julie Verhoeven, Beth Fraser and many more. We will explore why we like their particular style of work, experimenting with some of these different styles of illustration.
This project connects with areas of design such as illustration, textiles and fashion.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 11 to 15 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of?our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Masking tape/washi tape/coloured tape.
- Selection of watercolour, acrylic or gouache paint
- Paint brushes in different thicknesses
- Selection of brush pens, inks or coloured pens and biros
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
On this course we’ll be exploring fashion illustration from all angles, using different mediums like ink, collage and watercolour illustrations. You will follow an exciting creative process to explore colour, textiles, painting and mark-making and how to develop your own style.