Fashion Drawing for Beginners Online Short Course
Fashion drawing is essential to facilitate the expression of ideas in the work of fashion designers. This course is for practising designers or would-be illustrators who want to improve their drawings. You will learn the fundamental fashion drawing skills. Intensive drawing from a fashion model will comprise the main focus of the classes. Your learning will be supported by individual advice and practical demonstrations.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here https://www.speedtest.net
Please source the following materials:
- A2 Cartridge pad
- Soft drawing pencils (nothing harder than a B)
During the course students will be encouraged to work with a variety of different media from the list above and also to bring in any other media they wish to try, e.g.:
- Oil pastels
- Marker pens
- Other collage materials
- A camera can also be very helpful to take pictures of the drawing model to keep for reference, collage purposes etc., but is by no means essential!
Meet the Tutor:
Fashion drawing is essential to facilitate the expression of ideas in the work of fashion designers. This course is for practising designers or would-be illustrators who want to improve their drawings.