Fashion Drawing and Illustration for 11 to 15 Year Olds Online Short Course
The main objective of this course is for the students to start developing their own style of fashion illustration through experimentation and by taking inspiration from different sources.
During this course we will explore a wide range of media, such as ink, coloured pencil and biro. You will learn to develop your own illustration handwriting and communicate a sense of fashion flair in your own style.
We will examine the creative process from the inspiration and experimentation phase, through to the design and building stage. We will cover both men's and women's catwalks and look at the exciting ways in which they portray different styles of fashion.
We will explore the importance of painting and mark-making to develop a range of creative techniques and ideas. We will examine ways to communicate movement, colour, print and a sense of humour in our illustrations.
We will also look at a range of illustrators such as David Downton, Stina Persson, Beth Fraser, Julie Verhoeven, Erte and Celia Birtwell.
By the end of the course, students should have some exciting illustrations based on their own unique style. They should also have some catwalk ranges illustrated that can form the basis of a new drawing collection to inspire them for future fashion projects.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 11 to 15 who is interested in art and design.
- To build creative confidence through experimentation
- To start considering the true importance of our choice of drawing media and our technique development
- To overcome barriers around perfect figure drawings
- To be able to start developing a visual fashion language and flair through illustration
- To be able to look at a broad range of inspiration sources and combine them to develop a unique illustration identity
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, so you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Sketching for fashion
- Drawing the fashion figure
- Gesture, movement and pose
- Drawing hands, faces and feet
- Drawing garments in detail
- Depicting different fabrics
- Drawing drapery and volume
- Rendering with different mediums
- Creating fashion collection line-up drawings
- Developing your visual vocabulary
- Exploring different media and techniques
- Interpreting concepts and ideas through drawing
Please note, this course is for teenagers aged 13 to 16 year olds.
- Masking tape/washi tape/coloured tape.
- Selection of watercolour, acrylic or gouache paint
- Paint brushes in different thicknesses
- Selection of brush pens, inks or coloured pens and biros
- Cartridge paper
The technical requirements:
- A computer (PC or Mac) with an up-to-date operating system, webcam and microphone
- An up-to-date version of Chrome browser installed on your computer
- A headset with microphone/headphones is recommended, but not essential
Meet the Tutor:
Fashion illustrations speak to us in so many ways. They are a way to communicate movement, colour, shape, print and music. There are many different styles of illustration, and during this course we will explore a wide range of media, from ink, to coloured pencil and even biro. How can we develop our own illustration handwriting, and communicate that sense of fashion flair in our own style?