Developing A Menswear Collection
You will be guided through the process of creating a contemporary collection, from initial research through to the final presentation of your line up. We will explore how to develop a balanced collection for a defined market level and customer through analysis of a wide range of menswear collections and current trends.
You should end up with a concise portfolio project that covers the key aspects of menswear design and presentation.
Topics covered include:
- primary and secondary research sources
- concept boards
- colour and fabric research.
- integration of textiles in menswear
- creating development sheets
- customer boards
- range planning
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Pens coloured pencils eraser
- A3 sketchbook
- Menswear fashion magazines *( to cut up)
- Paper glue (e.g.pritt stick)
- laptop if possible
- memory stick
- Blu tack