Creative Fashion Design With Adobe Illustrator Short Course
In today's world of fashion, companies are looking for creative people who can communicate their designs quickly and neatly. This course addresses these challenges by teaching you how to use computers to produce, share and deliver fashion designs on a tight schedule whilst retaining your creativity.
- Making flat drawings of garments in a fast and precise way
- Building a library of trims and design details
- Visualising and rendering your design ideas
- Producing all the common items used by design studios in printed and digital format
- Communicating your ideas using mood and design concept boards
- Using collection maps, sketches and technical design sheets
Who should take this course?
The course is aimed at people with a fashion design background or working in the fashion industry.
Level and entry requirements: The course focuses on the vector based design package Adobe Illustrator. Little or no computer experience is required. The course will evolve from beginner to advanced level over its duration.
There are a maximum of nine students enrolled on each session to ensure that you get plenty of one-to-one tuition from your tutor and the class can work at a speed to suit the whole group.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Riz Smith is a British menswear designer, based in London. Commercially Riz has seen a successful career spanning from bags and accessories through to beachwear and casual wear. He is experienced in evolving ideas from concept and managing the design process through to final production. Most importantly, he is creating trend boards, commercial colour palettes, working to critical paths, creating technical drawings for factories and working with sales and marketing departments.
You can see his website here:
- Students are encouraged to bring their portfolios or work to assess their level.
- Fabrics, trims and pictures should be brought to create mood boards.
- A USB stick is very useful for students to back up their files.