Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Taster Online Short Course
Students will be introduced to creative approaches used to generate and develop ideas for fashion. The session encourages independent development of ideas and experimentation fashion design which underpin and define the spirit of fashion study at Central Saints Martins.
Students will also be introduced to fashion design study options and portfolio preparation for further or higher education.
Who you should attend this course?
This taster session is ideal for anyone aged between 16 and 18 years old, with an interest in this subject area. Whether you are considering taking our short course Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Online Short Course, further study, or just have a curiosity and would like to learn more about fashion design for your own projects
No previous knowledge is required to attend this taster session.
By the end of this taster course students should have:
- Gained an understanding of creative approaches to fashion design.
- An introduction to thinking about designing for fashion and the body.
- Experienced how to create, develop and visualise design ideas for fashion.
- Knowledge of further study options and career possibilities.
Delivered by one of our professional and experienced tutors Jane Francis this session we will give you an insight into the online and in person Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Short Courses at Central Saint Martins. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and leave with a greater awareness of fashion design and of your potential.
Why should you attend a taster session?
- Taking a taster course is a great way to figure out what your next move should be, whether it is a degree, a short course or career change.
- It can be a great way to figure out which short course to take.
- You will get an insight into what it means to study at UAL.
- You will meet our professional and experienced tutors, who will give you an insight into the subject and answer all the questions you have been meaning to ask.
- You will meet like-minded people from different background and corners of the world.
- And even if you realise it is not for you, it will help you figure out what is.
- An introduction to fashion design and the unique approaches to specialist study at Central Saint Martins
- A brief overview on subject and further study options
- Experience how to think and design creatively for fashion
- Image making for fashion
Please bring with you:
- A notebook, sketchbook or ipad (additional to the laptop or computer you will be accessing the taster course platform from)
- A pen and drawing materials
- Digital camera or phone
- Existing clothing (basic oversized shirt, tshirts etc) Scarves or fabric. Please note: you will not be required to cut or damage any of the garments or cloth
- Masking tape or sellotape, pins (can be straight or safety) or a stapler
- An open, curious mind
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
This taster session is for young people who love fashion design and will provide an insight into the Fashion Design for 16 to 18 Year Olds Online Short Course, as well as a basic introduction to design thinking for fashion design.