Fashion Design and Styling Residential Summer School for 13 to 16 Year Olds
This course has been designed specifically for teenagers that are interested in studying fashion design and styling. Whether you consider yourself a complete beginner or if you are studying art, design or fashion at school, this course will give you an experience of fashion as it is taught at Central Saint Martins. You will develop your confidence while experimenting with design, working on idea generation and focusing on creativity while also developing your technical skills through tutor-led practical making and designing activities.
The course fee includes shared room accommodation, activities, internet access and catering for morning, lunch and evening meals.
Please bring the following materials with you to the first session
- Camera (a phone camera is adequate)
- Current sketchbooks
- Bring any drawing medium you have although we will supply the majority
During the two weeks you will explore the following subjects, all supported by the relevant talks and discussions:
- Fashion illustration
- Observational drawing and mark-making skills
- 3D skills, such as draping and experimenting with textile and styling techniques
- How to develop an idea from research through experimentation to a final design outcome
- On this fashion course you can expect to explore the design process very much in the spirit of the college, where your own personal and explorative approach will be celebrated and encouraged
- Creating a fashion film; fashion styling, modelling, hair and makeup, art direction and filming & lighting
Central Saint Martins is internationally famous for fashion design, with alumni including Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Matthew Williamson and John Galliano.
This promises to be an exciting and unique experience for any 13-16 year-old who is:
- Interested in developing their own creativity
- Building a portfolio for future studies
- Confident in learning from their mistakes
- Keen to work with students of different nationalities
- Willing to work and collaborate with others during projects
- Wishing to develop their skills in communicating ideas
Meet the Tutor:
A residentail teenagers course for those interested in studying fashion design and styling. Develop confidence while experimenting with design, working on idea generation, developing technical skills through practical making and designing activities.