Fashion Design and Marketing Online Short Course
Understanding the market for fashion is an essential foundation stone for all those who are interested in carving out a successful career in the fashion design industry. This course offers an introduction to the subject. By the end of the course you will have a clearer idea of who your customers will be, and where your collections or products should be on sale.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Pen and paper to take notes
The following will be helpful, but not necessary:
- A laptop computer
- A USB memory stick
- We will explore the basic steps from designing to selling a collection including press and PR, and how to get that all-important media attention.
- You will investigate what people do that makes them successful, whilst collecting information on colour, fabric, price, design and retail outlet.
- You will develop a promotional plan for your own collection or an existing brand, which will be presented on the last day of the course.
Meet the Tutor:
Understanding the market for fashion is an essential foundation stone for all those who are interested in carving out a successful career in the fashion design industry. This course offers an introduction to the subject.