Understanding the market for fashion is an essential foundation stone for all those who are interested in carving out a successful career in the fashion design industry. This course offers an introduction to the subject. By the end of the course you will have a clearer idea of who your customers will be, and where your collections or products should be on sale.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.
- We will explore the basic steps from designing to selling a collection including press and PR, and how to get that all-important media attention.
- You will investigate what people do that makes them successful, whilst collecting information on colour, fabric, price, design and retail outlet.
- You will develop a promotional plan for your own collection or an existing brand, which will be presented on the last day of the course.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring with you to the first session:
The following will be helpful, but not necessary:
- Pen and paper to take notes
- A laptop computer
- A USB memory stick