Introduction to Fashion Metaverse Technologies Short Course
Led by experts from the Fashion Innovation Agency, the Introduction to Fashion Metaverse Technologies Short Course offers students an insight into technologies and their applications within fashion and retail.
During the course, tutors guide students through various case studies detailing projects they have worked on and answer questions around them. The course includes hands-on demonstrations that explore AR (augmented reality) retail experience, AR fashion showcases and virtual art direction using headsets.
Students develop their understanding of digital asset and virtual environment creation and have the opportunity to participate in practical exercises including 3D scanning objects, 3D avatar creation using mobile apps and importing digital assets to Blender.
By the end of the course, students will have gained first-hand experience of augmented reality / mixed reality demonstrations and have an understanding of how these techniques are applied to retail and immersive experiences.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at designers, creatives, managers, and entrepreneurs in the creative industries interested in taking their first steps to working in the metaverse. It is also an excellent fit for individuals who are new to the creative sector or who aspire to work in it, and want to learn more about creating digital assets and using them to develop immersive virtual experiences.
By the end of the course, students should:
- Know what the metaverse is and why it is important to the creative industries
- Understand digital asset creation and virtual environment creation
- Know how these techniques are applied to retail and immersive experiences
- Understand future business models developing in this space
- Gain first-hand experience of augmented reality/mixed reality demonstrations
- Create their own digital assets for metaverse experience
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
Experience life on campus:
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
1. What is the metaverse and why is it important?
2. Introduction to metaverse technologies:
- 3D modelling
- 3D scanning / photorealistic capture methods
- Immersive experiences
- Digital humans
- Cloth simulation
- Motion capture
3. Future business models
4. Future retail
- Laptop with Blender software pre-installed https://www.blender.org/download/
- A mobile phone with camera
Meet the Tutor:
The Introduction to Fashion Metaverse Technologies Short Course explores technologies and their applications within fashion and retail.
Through a combination of demonstrations, case studies and practical exercises, students gain an understanding of what the metaverse is and discover why it is important to the creative industries.