Creative Draping Weekend Online Short Course
Learn how to trigger your inspiration and visualise ideas quickly by simply working with fabric and pins on a dummy. Explore how by twisting, folding, gathering and layering fabric you can get the most amazing results. Whether you are a beginner of have some experience, you'll discover how to develop fashion ideas and garments in an intuitive, playful and enjoyable way.
You will be introduced to a number of different draping techniques - a set of valuable tools that can be used for designing clothes for yourself or for a high-end fashion collection.
You can bring your own research or a project that you would like to expand with draping. Or you can just come along and let your intuition guide you.
Who should take this course?
The work that you produce on this course could be an excellent addition to your portfolio whether you want to apply for a fashion design course or a job in the industry.
Anybody who wants to develop their fashion design skills would also benefit.
What will I take away from the course?
You should end the course with re-charged creativity, lots of ideas in photographs or as drawings.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring the following materials to the first session
- Access to a tailors dummy or Mannequin is essential (something like this would be suitable)
- Some fabric of your choice - at least 2 meters per fabric
Through practical workshops, the course will cover:
- how to drape and how to develop your draping ideas
- 2D fashion design development
- working in a sketchbook as well as working with fabric on a dummy
- developing and building up ideas for shapes and details
Meet the Tutor:
Through creative draping learn how to trigger inspiration and visualise ideas quickly by simply working with fabric and pins on a dummy. Explore how by twisting, folding, gathering and layering fabric you can get the most amazing results.