Fashion Marketing: Intensive
This fashion marketing course is ideal if you've no previous marketing experience or some experience in a non-fashion sector and want to learn how marketing principles work in the context of fashion.
This is an intensive one-week course covering the key elements of our Introduction to Fashion Marketing short course alongside more advanced techniques.
The course will include:
- Analysing the fashion market and its environments
- Fashion marketing research
- Identifying fashion segments and selecting target markets
- The fashion product
- Pricing garments and fashion services
- Integrated fashion communications
- Consumer behaviour
- Fashion marketing planning and determining the strategy
- Differentiating, positioning and innovation in fashion markets
- The fashion calendar and the role of the buyer
- International dimension of fashion marketing
- Marketing luxury products and other contemporary issues
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Frances Ross has worked in the creative industries in both industry and academic positions. Her roles ranged from art buyer, stylist, design director to most recently as Programme Director at London College of Fashion. She has delivered many key note speeches nationally and internationally including the V&A, Museum of London, Madrid Menswear Symposium and Shanghai Fashion Week. Her research covers topics which include cultural marketing, branding and design management and she has many conference and journal publications to her name.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen