Fashion Journalism for 16 to 18 Year Olds
An insight into one of the most coveted jobs in the fashion industry. This fashion journalism course will teach you what it takes to write about the inspiration behind Christopher Kane's latest collection or H&M's hottest celebrity collaboration.
We'll teach you the basics of fashion reporting, from interviews and catwalk analysis, to trend interpretation and feature brainstorming.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet
- Digital camera (or mobile phone with a good quality camera).
As part of your research you will be required to do some printing. Please bring a small amount of cash to the course on your first day to credit your printing account. It is unlikely you will need to spend more than £5.
- How to write a fashion news story
- Interview techniques for quizzing fashion designers
- Analysing a new season collection
- Trend spotting
- Brainstorming feature ideas
- The importance of networking
- Showroom and retail field trips
Meet the Tutor:
Our Fashion Journalism for teenagers course will introduce you to one of the most coveted jobs in the fashion industry.