Colour Psychology for Branding and Communication
Colour sells - but only in the right combinations. This colour management course, developed by colour psychology consultancy Colour Affects, which advises businesses on how to make the most of colour, will teach you which colours are harmonious and why. It will cover how different personality types can respond differently to the same colour and assess attitudes not only towards colour, but form, texture, space and social situations, giving you the confidence to create appealing, commercial colour palettes.
The course includes:
- An overview of colour science and colour psychology
- Emotional responses to colour
- The Colour Affects System and the theory behind it
- The relationship between the four personality types and the four colour groups
- How to classify colours into one of the four fundamental colour palettes
- The psychological properties of the main hues
- How to create harmonious colour palettes
- How to use colour effectively and consistently in a trend based industry
- How to present colours in stores and marketing material and what colours are best used where
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Pen and paper
It is also recommended you read 'The Beginner's Guide To Colour Psychology', by Angela Wright.