Fashion Styling and Media Summer School for 16 to 18 Year Olds
If you're interested in fashion but perhaps not in design, then this two-week hands on intensive fashion media course will introduce you to the exciting worlds of PR, photography, catwalks, fashion journalism, styling and make up-artistry, culminating in the creation of your own editorial and style blog. It's perfect if you're a budding celebrity stylist, fashion journalist or fashion PR.
- The different roles of the fashion media: which one is for you
- Analysing and writing press releases: selling the dream
- Catwalk reporting and fashion interview techniques
- Trend spotting and street style writing: who influences and why
- Creating your own fashion blog
- The principles and practice of styling: what goes into making a fashion image
- Editorial make up demos
- Planning and executing your own fashion editorial (professional photographer provided)
- Historical context fashion field trip
The aim of this course is to give you a taster of different elements of the fashion industry, but with concrete outputs to take away and use as the basis for beginning your fashion career.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen
- Camera/phone with download lead/card reader
- Clothes, shoes and accessories you might want to wear/loan to others for your shoot
- Most make-up will be provided for your photo shoot, but please bring your own foundation and mascara, plus make up remover/wipes and headband
- USB stick (at least 8GB) to save work and images
Meet the Tutor:
This two-week Fashion Styling and Media Summer School for teenagers will introduce you to the exciting worlds of PR, photography, catwalks, fashion journalism, styling and makeup-artistry.